So–you’re losing website traffic and $$, or can’t figure out how to get your website above your competition’s website in Google.
You need to get optimized ASAP!
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO is the process of increasing the amount and quality of traffic to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the organic search engine results page (SERP) of a search engine. The higher the site ranks in the search engine, the more chance it has of being found by visitors. Most people don’t go through pages and pages of SERPs (search engine results pages) to find a website if they can find what they need on the first page , hence the best organically optimized web pages are those found on the first page of a SERP.
You could either take the time to learn the process of SEO–and believe me, it would take a LONG time, or hire a professional Search Engine Optimizer. If you’re planning a site redesign or planning to create a new website, and you don’t have or want to take the time to learn and apply the process yourself, you should hire a professional SEO.
According to Google, good SEO’s provide useful website services such as:
- Review of website structure and content
- Content development
- Management of online business development campaigns
- Keyword research
- SEO training
- Expertise in specific markets and geographies.
But, beware! A Search Engine Optimizer can either damage your site and reputation, or improve your site by increasing visitation and your bottom line.
When deciding on a SEO, some questions Google suggests asking are:
- Can you show me examples of your previous work and share some success stories?
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines?
- Do you offer any online marketing services or advice to complement your organic search optimization business?
- What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what timeframe?
- How do you measure your success?
- What’s your experience in my industry?
- What’s your experience in my country/city? OR What’s your experience developing national or international sites?
- What are your most important SEO techniques?
- How long have you been in business?
- How can I expect to communicate with you?
- Will you share with me all the changes you make to my site, and provide detailed information about your recommendations and the reasoning behind them?
For more information on SEO, Google Search Engine Optimization, Google Webmaster Tools and Google Basic are three great sites that will help you learn more about SEO. After all–who better to learn from than Google?
In conclusion, choose your SEO wisely, Be suspicious of companies that are secretive, or do not clearly explain what they’ll be doing or why, and remember–No one can guarantee first page placement on Google in an organic search. If a SEO guarantees you this, he or she is lying.
Want to learn more? Come to our next:
Do-it-yourself SEO (search engine optimization) & Social Media Workshop
Thursday June 23rd, 6 – 8 p.m.
In our studio in Space 59 of the Williamsburg Outlet Mall
6401 Richmond Road
Williamsburg, VA, 23188
Workshop Admission – $45/person, Visa, MasterCard, cash or check. Seating limited.
Please email or call 757.250.3197 no later than the day before the workshop to reserve a seat.